Based in Liverpool, United Kingdom
October 28, 2015
Press / Business contact:
24 Hardman Street
+44 (0) 151 329 0900
Creators of the Augmented Reality toy, SwapBots.
Like many of the best ideas, SwapBots was born over a drink. After exhibiting some augmented reality work through Draw & Code at an event in Silicon Valley, we found ourselves in a bar in downtown San Francisco, discussing where this new industry was heading. This was a couple of years ago: pre-Pokémon Go and when Snapchat was only just starting to emerge as a major investor in this technology. We were trying to imagine colourful, engaging uses of this tech, which is how SwapBots emerged. The name, the basic gameplay mechanic, and the look of the toys was established immediately. It remains essentially the same now, as we prepare to launch.
Swap, Scan & Play Vimeo
There are far more images available for SwapBots Ltd, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "UK Games Fund Winner" - UK Government scheme, June 2016
- "Regional Winner, Northern Stars" - Liverpool, September 2016
- "Winner, Northern Stars" - Manchester, November 2016
- "SOSV HAX Boost participant" - San Fransisco bootcamp for startups, October, 2016
- "Augmented reality toys for children – the story of SwapBots"
- John Keefe, The Telegraph, Telegraph Connect, Media and Tech
- "This proposition is absolutely captivating. They are using augmented in a really appropriate way for the modern child market."
- Karen Kerrigan, chief legal officer at Seedrs, The Guardian
- "SwapBots unleashes your creativity with augmented building blocks"
- TechCrunch, TechCrunch
- "When kids toys come to life: How AR is transforming play"
- Kitty Knowles, The Memo
Draw & Code Ltd
Draw & Code providing the development driving force behind SwapBots. http://www.drawandcode.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator